Here is everything needed to use the Announcements Flow Feature PrefabFeature Prefab - The drag-and-drop template for a specific Beamable product feature in the "Beamable SDK for Unity". Or watch this video.
The purpose of this feature is to allow the player to manage AnnouncementAnnouncement - A message sent by the game maker to all game playerss.
Messaging the game players can have a significant multiplier effect on engagement and revenue. Announcements provide a 1-to-many communications platform to speak directly to players.
Messaging the game players can have a significant multiplier effect on engagement and revenue. Beamable offers features to support this.
• 1. Mail - Allows players to manage in-game mail messages. This is designed to narrowcast communications (e.g. 1 to 1). See Mail for more info
• 2. Notifications - Allows game makers to message players, regardless if game is running. This is designed to broadcast communications (e.g. 1 to many). See Notifications for more info
• 3. Announcements - Allows players to manage announcements. This is designed to broadcast communications (e.g. 1 to many). Continue reading below for more info
When setup properly, the player's user interface in the game project will be as follows.
Follow these steps to get started.
• Unity → Window → Beamable → Open Beamable Toolbox
• Drag this Prefab from the Beamable Toolbox Window to the Unity Hierarchy Window
Here is the "Beamable" menu as seen in Unity.
Here is the feature Prefab as seen in the Beamable Toolbox.
Game makers can create custom announcements for distribution to players.
• Unity → Window → Beamable → Open Content Manager
|• Select the content type in the list • Press the "Create" button • Populate the content name|
• Unity → Window → General→ Project
• Search by the name given in step #3
|*Note: The date fields must be formatted like `2019-03-28T00:00:00Z`*|
• Unity → File → Save Project
Best Practice: If you are working on a team, commit to version control in this step.
• Press the "Publish" button in the Content Manager Window
Here are highlights from the Beamable FAQ. See FAQ for more info.
Updated 3 months ago