Setting up Currencies in your application using Beamable can be done through the Content Manager. Once your currencies are created, you can choose to display your currencies with the built-in Prefab, or create a custom solution (see the Code section).
Follow these steps to get started:
Here is the process to add a new object with existing content type of "Currency".
• Unity → Window → Beamable → Open Content Manager
|• Select the content type in the list • Press the "Create" button • Populate the content name|
• Unity → Window → General→ Project
• Search by the name given in step #3
Note: The icons can be set to any valid Unity’s
• Unity → File → Save Project
Best Practice: If you are working on a team, commit to version control in this step.
• Press the "Publish" button in the Content Manager Window
Now that the currency content is setup, update the active player's currency via InventoryInventory - A collection of Beamable items owned by the active player.
Here the game maker will choose either 2a or 2b.
• See "Verify Success" on Step 1 - Getting Started
• Unity → Window → Beamable → Open Beamable Toolbox
• Click the "Open Portal" Button
• Select the active realm
|• Select the desired currency in the dropdown • Press the "Save" button|
• See the Code section for more info
This section contains any advanced configuration options and workflows.
See Content » Code (Advanced) for more info.
Updated 28 days ago